The Hurricane Sandy Oral History Project thanks first and foremost all those who have shared their stories of the storm, the aftermath, and the ongoing recovery. We hope this collection of narratives will serve as a testament to the spirit of the Jersey Shore.
The Project also would not be possible without the students at The College of New Jersey who have chosen to participate. The interviews, transcriptions, and narratives that are part of the collection were produced by undergraduates, as part of courses in which they were enrolled. We thank them for their passion, dedication, and the hundreds of hours they have spent on the project.
We also thank those who have helped in facilitating our oral history interviews. In particular, the Project would like to acknowledge the following partners:
- The Department of History, The College of New Jersey
- The International Studies Program, The College of New Jersey
- The School of Humanities and Social Sciences, The College of New Jersey
- The First Seminar Program, The College of New Jersey
- The Bonner Institute for Civic and Community Engagement, The College of New Jersey
- The Durand Masonic Lodge, Point Pleasant Beach, New Jersey
- Shore2Recover, Point Pleasant Beach, New Jersey
- Toms River East High School, Toms River, New Jersey
- Jersey Mike’s Subs, Point Pleasant Beach, New Jersey
We also think the following individuals, without whose support the Project would not have been possible.
- Diane Bates
- Maura DiCorcia
- Patrick Donohue
- Robert McGreevey
- Michael Meluso
- Michael Nordquist
- Cynthia Paces
- Benjamin Rifkin
- Matthew Winkel